On this page you will find the New York City Commuter Rail Map, the New Jersey Transit Map, the Port Authority Trans-Hudson Map, the Long Island Rail Route Map, and the Long Island Rail Route Map. Subway North. These 4 urban, suburban and commuter rail networks are a mass transit system serving New York City (USA) by subway, bus or ferry. These 4 commuter rail networks have 29 lines and 423 stations that make up 1,646 miles (2,650 km) of tracks.
NYC's commuter rail network is the largest in the United States: 20 lines serve approximately 250 stations and more than 150 million passengers annually (Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York State).
- Rail service to the New York City suburbs is operated by two MTA agencies: the Long Island Railroad (eastern suburbs) and the Metro-North Railroad (northern suburbs and Connecticut).
- New Jersey Transit operates the rail network along the Hudson River on the New Jersey side. Its lines serve Pennsylvania Station and Grand Central Terminal.
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Transit operates the PATH, which connects New York and New Jersey across the Hudson River.
New York Bahnkarte
To pressDownload pdf
The New York City urban, suburban and commuter rail network includes several rail networks.
Your network includes the following 4 networks:
- Transit through New Jersey (NJ Transit)
- Trans-Hudson Port Authority (PATH)
- Ferrocarril de Long Island (LIRR)
- Metro Nordbahn (MNR)
Each train line is called "Local" or "Express":
- Suburban train: Trains stop at all stations without exception.
- Express Train: Trains only stop every 2, 3, 4, or 5 stations, depending on the New York City locations served.
If you have a long trip, it is recommended to take an express train. Be careful not to make a mistake or you may have to backtrack.
New Jersey Transit
To pressDownload pdf
NJ Transit, which carries 940,000 passengers per day, was established in 1983 and is operated by NJ Transit (New Jersey Transit).
Its network includes the following 10 lines:
- Linie Pascack Valley Linie: Terminal Hoboken ↔ Spring Valley
- Line Bergen County Line: Hoboken Terminal ↔ Suffern
- Line Main Line: Hoboken Terminal ↔ Suffern
- Line Montclair-Boonton Line: New York Penn Station / Hoboken Terminal ↔ Hackettstown
- Line Morristown-Linie: New York Penn Station / Hoboken Terminal ↔ Hackettstown
- Line Gladstone Line: New York Penn Station / Hoboken Terminal ↔ Gladstone
- Linie Raritan Valley Line: New York Penn Station ↔ High Bridge
- Linie Northeast Corridor Line: New York Penn Station ↔ Trenton
- Line North Jersey Shore Line: New York Penn Station / Hoboken Terminal ↔ Bay Head
- Line Atlantic City Line: 30th Street Station ↔ Atlantic City
The New Jersey Transit Corporation (NJ Transit) is a public transportation system. It operates buses, light rail, and commuter rail in New York City. With a service area of 13,790 square kilometers, NJT is the largest public transportation system in the state and the third largest transportation service provider in the United States.
NJT operates three light rail lines:
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail: A 20-mile line with 24 stations along the Gold Coast (Hudson County).
- Newark Light Rail – Two segments serving Newark and surrounding areas.
- River Line: A 55 km line with 21 stations from Trenton to Camden along the Delaware River.
The NJT has 11 commuter rail lines:
- Atlantic City-Linie
- Grafschaftslinie Bergen
- principal line
- Meadowlands Rail Line
- Línea Montclair-Boonton
- Morris & Essex Lines (Morristown Line y Gladstone Branch)
- North Jersey Shore
- Northeast Corridor Line (including Princeton Branch)
- Raritan-Linie Valley
Wegplan New York
To pressDownload pdf
The Trans-Hudson Port Authority (Path), which handles 262,000 daily passengers, has been in existence since 1908 and is operated by PANYNJ (Port Authority of New York and New Jersey).
Its network includes the following 4 lines:
- Rote Linie: Newark ↔ World Trade Center
- Green Line: Hoboken ↔ World Trade Center
- Yellow Line: Journal Square ↔ 33rd Street
- Blue Line: Hoboken ↔ 33rd Street
The Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is a train network that connects Manhattan, New York, with the cities of the state of New Jersey (Jersey City, Hoboken, Harrison and Newark). PATH is administered by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ) and operates 24 hours a day.
The total length of the WEG is 22.2 km (13.8 miles) and it has 13 stations. PATH is underground only in Manhattan and parts of New Jersey (below Jersey City and Hoboken). The PATH crosses the Hudson River through an early 20th century cast iron tunnel.
The PATH system was originally built by the Hudson & Manhattan Railroad (H&M) between 1908 and 1911. The automobile and the construction of bridges and tunnels over the Hudson River led to the bankruptcy of H&M in 1954. In 1960, PANYNJ bought the network.
The system suffered several disasters that affected New York in the late 20th and early 21st centuries. The attack on the World Trade Center in 1993, followed by the attacks of September 11, 2001, and the flooding from Hurricane Sandy in 2012.
Railroad map of Long Island
To pressDownload pdf
The Long Island Railroad (LIRR), which carries 86.1 million passengers a year, has been around since 1834 and is operated by the MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority).
The network includes the following 11 lines:
- Babylon Line: Main Line ↔ Babylon
- Línea City Terminalzone: Atlantic Terminal ↔ Penn Station
- Far Rockaway Line: Main Line ↔ Far Rockaway
- Hempstead Line: Main Line ↔ Hempstead
- Línea Long Beach: Línea principal ↔ Long Beach
- Montauk Line: Main Line ↔ Montauk
- Oyster Bay Line: Main Line ↔ Oyster Bay
- Port Jefferson Line: Main Line ↔ Port Jefferson
- Washington Harbor Line: Main Line ↔ Washington Harbor
- Ronkonkoma Line: Main Line ↔ Ronkonkoma
- West Hempstead Line: Main Line ↔ West Hempstead
Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) is a series of commuter rail lines serving the eastern suburbs of New York City on Long Island. The network is owned by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), which has named it the MTA Long Island Rail Road.
The Long Island Rail Road is the busiest commuter rail line in the United States (more than 90 million passengers per year) and the oldest. It has been in operation since 1834 and has numerous connections to the New York City subway system. The two LIRR lines are divided into eight branches and serve 124 stations over 1,100 kilometers of route.
LIRR has two main terminals in Manhattan and Brooklyn and a major interchange in Queens.
- Pennsylvania Station: Located in the center of Manhattan. It is the busiest of the three stations, with more than 500 trains leaving daily. It is accessed through the Amtrak East River tunnels.
- Atlantic Terminal (Flatbush Avenue Station): Located in downtown Brooklyn at the intersection of Flatbush Avenue and Atlantic Avenue, it is served by most other trains and has a connection to the subway.
- Jamaica Station: Located in the Jamaica area of Queens, it has 8 tracks. Connections are possible with all LIRR lines (except Port Washington Branch). Interchange is possible with 3 subway lines, many bus lines and the AirTrain JFK (automatic floating train to John F. Kennedy Airport).
To pressDownload pdf
The Metro North Railroad (MNR), which carries 76.9 million passengers a year, was established in 1983 and is operated by the MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority).
Its network includes the following 5 lines:
- Linie Hudson: Poughkeepsie ↔ Grand Central
- Harlem Line: Wassaic ↔ Grand Central
- Linie New Heaven: New Canaan/Danbury/Waterbury/New Heaven State Street ↔ Grand Central
- Port Jervis Line: Port Jevis ↔ Hoboken
- Valle de Linie Pascack: Spring Valley ↔ Hoboken
The MTA Metro-North Railroad (MNR) is a commuter railroad that connects New York City with its northern suburbs and the neighboring state of Connecticut. It is part of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
Metro-North has stations in Wassaic, Poughkeepsie, Port Jervis, and Spring Valley in upstate New York and in New Canaan, Danbury, Waterbury, and New Haven in Connecticut. Metro North also offers commuter service in the boroughs of the Bronx and Manhattan.
In October 2002, the MTA announced plans to merge Metro-North (MNR) and the LIRR into a single company called MTA Rail Road. But the MTA did not receive approval from New York City in April 2006.
Choose your map & your info
Terrain: Local terrain. Traffic: Local traffic conditions. Transit: Bus, subway, and rail routes.
When looking at the subway map you will see that some stops have black dots and others have white dots. Black dots are "local" stations and the only trains that stop here are trains that make every stop on the line. White dots are "express" stations and all trains on a line stop here.How do I show subway lines on A map? ›
Step 1 Go to Add Or Manage Map and scroll down to 'Layers Settings' section. Step 2 Enable or tick 'Transit Layer Tab'. Step 3 Then click on Save Map. You'll see the transit layer on the map.What is the best map of the New York subway? ›
Google Maps is the best New York subway map app to use. Even though there are other NYC subway maps like Hopstop, Google Maps has been especially trustworthy and is the main app I use for directions because it's an all-in-one travel app. What is this? You can find out subway, walking, biking, and car directions on it.What is the best way to get around NYC? ›
The easiest and quickest way to travel around NYC is by the subway. Riding the subway is also a fantastic way to feel like a local during your stay in New York. Fast facts: Subway trains operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.How do I use Google Maps for lines? ›
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Make sure that you're connected to the Internet and signed in to Google Maps.
- Search for a place, like Southampton .
- At the bottom, tap the name or address of the place tap More Download offline map.
The subway system is usually just referred to as the "trains." Locals say "I can take the train to your place" to generally mean that they take the subway. The subway is never referred to as the metro, underground, or tube.What do New Yorkers call the subway lines? ›
LOCAL TIP: New Yorkers typically call the subway “trains” (not underground or metro) or by their alpha name (the C or the Q).What do the letters and numbers mean on NYC subway? ›
Former IRT services (now known as A Division) are assigned numbers, and former BMT and IND services (now known as B Division) are assigned letters. Prior to consolidation under city ownership in 1940, the BMT routes were also assigned numbers.What are the line on the map? ›
If you take a look at a map or globe of the world, you may notice lines running east-west and north-south. The lines run east-west are known as lines of latitude. The lines running north-south are known as lines of longitude.
There are several common platform configurations. On a double track line, a station may have one center island platform used for trains in both directions, or two side platforms, one for each direction.How do I see plot lines on Google Maps? ›
How do I see property lines on Google Maps? Google Maps will display property lines if you type your address into the 'Search Google Maps' search bar and zoom into the property closely enough. However, property lines are not available on all locations in Google Maps, unfortunately.What subway stop is Yankee Stadium? ›
Directions To Yankee Stadium By Subway
The No. 4 train (East Side) and the D train (Sixth Avenue) make stops at the 161st Street/Yankee Stadium subway station, located on East 161st Street and River Avenue.
By subway: Take the E train from Sutphin Boulevard/Archer Avenue/JFK Airport.How much is a 7 day unlimited MetroCard NYC? ›
Cost: $33 (7-day) or $127 (30-day). You have unlimited swipes on the subway and local buses for either 7 or 30 days. Your MetroCard can only hold one Unlimited Ride refill at a time.Is it cheaper to take a taxi or subway in NYC? ›
A subway ride is $2.75 per person. A taxi has an immediate base fare of $2.50, then you pay for the mileage. Better off with the subway generally. But...if you are four people, don't have unlimited subway cards, and are going a short distance..."TAXI!"Is it better to take the bus or subway in NYC? ›
In general, trains arrive more frequently on a given subway track than a bus at the average bus stop, so the subway can be a better option if you're in a hurry. But if you have the time, the bus gives you the best of both worlds: a comfortable ride at a reasonable price.What is the cheapest way to get around NYC? ›
Aside from walking, the bus or the subway is the cheapest way to get around NYC since a single ride costs only $2.75.Can you draw lines on Google Maps app? ›
You can trace a path or highlight an area on your map by drawing lines and shapes.Can I draw a line on Google Maps and see the distance? ›
Right-click on your starting point. Select Measure distance. To create a path to measure, click anywhere on the map. To add another point, click anywhere on the map.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Touch and hold anywhere on the map that isn't a place's name or icon. ...
- Select Measure distance .
- Move the map so that the black circle is on the next point you want to add.
- At the bottom right, tap Add point .
|1||Times Sq-42 St||N,Q,R,W,S,1,2,3,7,A,C,E|
|2||Grand Central-42 St||S,4,5,6,7|
|3||34 St-Herald Sq||B,D,F,M,N,Q,R,W|
|4||14 St-Union Sq||L,N,Q,R,W,4,5,6|
The City's first subway opened back in 1870, a short underground tunnel under Broadway that stretched 312 feet (95 m) from Warren Street to Murray Street near City Hall.Which subway line is the longest in NYC? ›
The A train is the longest line in the system — 31 miles, from northern Manhattan through Brooklyn to Far Rockaway in Queens. New York City Transit, the arm of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority that operates the subways, says it is the longest subway line in the world.What do New Yorkers call hot dogs? ›
|Alternative names||New York System wiener, weenie, gagger, glizzy|
|Main ingredients||Pork, veal, bread, meat sauce, onions, yellow mustard, celery salt|
|Name||Mass Transit Railway|
|System length||209.0 km (129.9 mi)|
|Annual ridership (millions)||1,616.30 (2021)|
NYC Transit has begun rolling out subway trains with new digital signs brightly declaring if they are running express or local: a red diamond for express, a green circle for local. The first train fully loaded with the broadsides hit the rails during last night's rush.How do you know if a subway is going uptown or downtown? ›
Go the right way
In Manhattan, "Downtown" means south and "Uptown" means north, so you will often see signs like "Uptown & The Bronx" or "Downtown & Brooklyn." The train itself will not say these things. Instead, when the train arrives, its destination will be indicated by signage along the side of the train.
Contour lines close together represent a steep increase or decrease in elevation, while lines further apart represent a gentle slope. Spaces with no lines indicate flat ground. The lines work by connecting points on your map that represent the same elevation.Is there a 1 day unlimited MetroCard NYC? ›
Various unlimited MetroCards are available for purchase. The options include the One-Day Fun Pass, the 7-day pass, the 14-day pass or the 30-day pass.
|Fare type||Fare||Special fares|
|Full||$2.75||$3.00 for a SingleRide Ticket $2.75 for a PATH SingleRide Ticket|
|Reduced||$1.35||$1.25 for PATH by using Senior SmartLink Card|
No person may use the end doors of a subway car to pass from one subway car to another except in an emergency or when directed to do so by an Authority conductor or a New York City police officer. When the Code of Conduct rules were changes, the language on the signs on subway doors grew more strident.Is there a free app that shows property lines? ›
LandGlide® is the most advanced and comprehensive parcel data and property line map application. Using GPS to pinpoint your location, access key parcel data anywhere. - Hover over a property to instantly view details. - Search for properties by owner, address, or parcel numbers.What is the best app for finding property lines? ›
The Best Property Line Apps
- LandGlide. LandGlide is a property line and parcel data app that works on desktop and mobile devices. ...
- onX Hunt. ...
- Regrid. ...
- BaseMap. ...
Are property lines on Google Maps accurate? No. Google Maps are not that accurate, and you shouldn't rely on them as a source for factual information regarding property lines. Much like a plat map, they only provide a general idea of where property lines exist.How long is the subway ride from Manhattan to Yankee Stadium? ›
It's a 15-minute ride from Grand Central Terminal. We will run additional trains between Grand Central Terminal, Harlem-125th St, and Yankees-E 153rd Street; and add stops at the stadium on many express trains.How far is the walk from train to Yankee Stadium? ›
How far is the train station from Yankee Stadium in Bronx? The nearest train station to Yankee Stadium in Bronx is a 18 min walk away.How far is walk from subway to Yankee Stadium? ›
Manhattan to Yankee Stadium by subway and walk. The journey time between Manhattan and Yankee Stadium is around 16 min and covers a distance of around 4 miles. Operated by MTA, the Manhattan to Yankee Stadium service departs from 86 St and arrives in Yankee Stadium.How long is the subway ride from Manhattan to JFK? ›
Manhattan to JFK Airport by Subway and Air Train
If traveling from Midtown Manhattan, take the E, J, and Z Trains to Jamaica Station. From there, follow the signs to the AirTrain, which will take you directly to JFK Airport. From Times Square, it will take just over 1 hour to reach the terminals.
From the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue subway station, the LaGuardia Link Q70-SBS bus provides non-stop service to LaGuardia Airport. Connections are available from the E, F, M, R trains at Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue or the 7 at 74th St-Broadway subway station.
The cheapest way to get to Manhattan from JFK is by taking public transportation. Using the AirTrain and the Subway will cost you less than $10. Other transfers, such as a taxi or a shuttle, will typically cost you around $15-20.How to save money on NYC Subway? ›
Consider an unlimited MetroCard. If you take the bus or subway more than 46 times in a month, a monthly unlimited card, which costs $127, would save you money. A weekly unlimited card, which costs $33, saves you if you use it more than 12 times in seven days.What is the 9 dollar MetroCard NYC? ›
You have the choice between Single Ride, MetroCard and Fast $9 MetroCard. Select Single Ride if you only need one ticket for one trip and pay $3. To purchase a Pay-Per-Ride Card or a 7-Days-Unlimited Card press MetroCard. Select $9 MetroCard, if you want to buy a Pay-Per-Ride Card and you want to get done quick.Can you swipe a MetroCard twice? ›
Cannot be used again at the same subway station or the same bus route for at least 18 minutes. Cannot be used by or transferred to another person until the completion of a trip for which entry was obtained.How do I find subway stops on Google Maps? ›
- On your mobile device, open the Google Maps app .
- Enter a destination and tap Directions .
- At the top, tap Transit . To select a preferred mode of transportation and route, tap Options. Done.
- Scroll to find transit options and times. Tap a route for directions.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Search for your destination, then select public transport directions. Read more about how to get directions.
- If a bus route has Live Traffic for Buses information available, you can find one of the following: Usual traffic.
Open the Settings menu and tap Privacy, then tap Location Services. Check that the Location Services toggle is green and in the on position. Tap Google Maps and make sure that Precise Location is turn on. From the same screen, select the While Using the App or Always option.How do you get subway lines on Apple maps? ›
- With a map showing, tap the button at the top right.
- Select Transit, then tap .
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Click Directions .
- Add a starting point and a destination.
- On the left, below the destinations you entered, click Add .
- To add a stop, choose another destination. You can add up to 9 stops.
- Click on a route to get the directions.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app . If you don't yet have the app, download it from the Play Store.
- Search for your destination or tap it on the map.
- In the bottom left, tap Directions .
- Choose your mode of transportation. For Driving or Transit.
Out of the 472 stations, 470 are served 24 hours a day. Underground stations in the New York City Subway are typically accessed by staircases going down from street level.How can I map my own route for free? ›
- Google Maps. Best Free Route Planner for: Multiple purposes. ...
- Badger Maps. Best Route Planner for: Field Salespeople. ...
- RouteXL. Best Free Route Planner for: Delivery. ...
- MapQuest. Best Free Route Planner for: Road trips. ...
- Plotaroute. Best Free Route Planner for: Outdoor activities. ...
- TruckRouter. ...
- Waze. ...
- My Route Online.
Google Maps includes a "blue bus icon" to define your Stops. Google Maps shows transit stop icons to everyone when they are zoomed into the map, whether they are searching for transit directions or not. Clicking on one of the blue transit stops shows all transit lines that service that stop or station.How do I move the blue line on Google Maps? ›
Tap the menu at the bottom of the screen and select Measure distance. You'll see a line of blue dots -- to move them on the path, you'll need to drag your finger across the screen in the direction you want to measure.Does Dubai have Metro? ›
Dubai Metro, with its Red and Green lines, is one of the most advanced and modern rail systems. It offers a wide range of luxurious services, among which: Train Structure. Facilities and Equipment.Why do Waze and Google Maps give different routes? ›
Despite the fact that Google Maps and Waze may share some data, their algorithms often formulate completely different routes. This is because Waze is designed to get you to your destination as fast as possible — even if you're only shaving off 30 seconds.Is Apple Maps Good for NYC subway? ›
The New York Subway MTA App and New York City Subway App, however, will not direct you out of the jungle in real-time. For directionally-challenged individuals, Apple Maps is your best bet.Does Apple Maps work with New York subway? ›
Apple Maps or Google Maps will likely fulfill most of your public transit needs, but if you use the bus or subway a lot and wan an app with more features, check out Citymapper.Does Apple map show lanes? ›
As you drive, you see real-time traffic, current speed limits, and nearby speed cameras. Turn lanes, bike, bus, and taxi lanes, medians, and crosswalks are displayed in incredible detail.